Monday, February 22, 2010

Here it is!

Behold, the long awaited knitting post! (I know, for a blog that is technically supposed to be about knitting, that is quite pathetic.

So I began this project thinking that I would make it to look like a patchwork quilt, all sorts of random colours, and that (of course), it would tie together quite nicely. The problem? I hate it. It looks like 'kaka'. See?

Uhh... yes, that's a fish tank, why do you ask? Lol.

So anyway, I decided to start over again and hope for the best, since I'm told the recipient is due in May. (Something tells me this might be a present for baby's first birthday?)

It looks like a mess so far, because I am working on circulars that are about 10" too short for the project, but I am really happy with how it is turning out so far all the same. The yarn that I am using right now is a multi-colour, but I intend to use black between rows to make it a little bit less.... psychedelic.

See?

 

 Hehe it reminds me of coral all bunched up like that. 

Here's to hoping it turns out better than the first!

PS. Why yes, that is a new row counter on the right hand side of the picture, thanks for noticing! I am quite happy with it, I think I would lose my mind without it on this project. 

Featured Website:

Today's featured website holds a collection of oddities, that can be anywhere from amusing to grotesque. The picture I have included may look like there is a floating Jesus head in it... But the hair is the bushes behind the couple, and the eye is a actually a child's head! It is wearing a bonnet, looking down. Look close!

 
The website can be found here.

No comments: