Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stop, Breathe, Go.

I have received many emails asking me why I have not been writing on here. At the beginning of November, I promised that I would begin writing again in December, when life calmed down. But I didn't. I wish I had a valid excuse for that, but what it comes down to is simple. I enjoyed being able to breath, having little commitments tying me down. I was spending time with my family, enjoying life. Blogging about it was the last thing on my mind.

The break was necessary, I think, to regain my passion for this blog. I needed to remind myself that I am doing this because I find it fun, not because it is a chore. I am now able to come back to you with a fresh heart, and even a fresh computer.

I'll give you a brief recap of the last few months, so that we can start back again on the same page.

On the weight loss journey, I have had many successes, as well as many failures. As you may remember, I started dieting and exercising on September 1, 2009. As of the end of November I reached my greatest amount of weight loss yet, a whopping 26 lbs. That is over 10% of my original body weight. However, when I got busy with school, whether it was assignments or exams, my gym attendance started slipping, fast. Finally it completely ceased. And it continued. Christmas came, and then New Years, and while healthy eating and exercise were always at the back of my mind, they became an afterthought rather than a fact.

Today, I am fighting to get back into the gym routine, and to count points again. I have set up my schedule so that it is possible to count points every day, and go to the gym five times per week, but if I am honest with myself I have only succeeded with each of these goals roughly 3x per week.

I have heard a lot about Jillian's 30-Day Shred from several other blogs lately, and have ordered this DVD. I am hoping that this will give me a boost in terms of exercise, and rid me of any excuse for not exercising. (Often I feel I am too tired to go to the gym after school, so I rationalize this saying that I will go home, take a nap, and then come back and go to the gym. Of course, I have yet to come back.)

But don't give up on me yet. I will do it.


In terms of knitting, sewing, and crafting projects, many have been completed and gifted with no documentation, be it picture or otherwise. I will show you all that I have pictures of over the next few days, but I am sad to say that this number is far fewer than I would like.


Finally, in terms of the blog itself, I am back now. My goal is to post at least once per week. Some weeks you will hear from me far more often, as often as every day perhaps. Other times, I will fight to keep to my goal, but I'll do my best nonetheless.

Now. You may have noticed that my sidebar has now become sadly outdated. Worry not! That is the next thing on my list of things to do, right after finishing my English assignment and going to class. So if you read this before 5pm (Central Time) today, it may not yet be changed. But if you read it afterward, you will be enjoying new data and a new feature I am very excited about. (No, no hints!)

Finally, because a blog post is not a proper blog post without at least one picture, I am introducing a new feature in the main blog. I call this 'honourable mention'. This section will be found in every post, featuring a website, company, person... whatever; that I feel needs to be mentioned for whatever reason.

Today's Honourable Mention goes to the website Cute Overload. This website features a new cute picture every day, and provides links to see old posts as well. It has some amazing photos and cheers me up no matter what is going on.

This is a photo taken from their post, Ten Most Popular Posts of 2009.


Cute, no?

No comments: