Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Oh... the weather outside is frightful..."

Okay, not really, but they are already forcasting some snow for next weekend. I'm sure it won't come, but it reminds us that winter is looming around the corner again for sure.


Hand-in-hand with winter, also comes the Christmas season. When you like to focus on homemade gifts, (both out of cost and out of preference), Christmas season starts in July. I have been piecing together gifts, bit-by-bit, and in September am actually worried that I will not be able to finish in time!


But here is one gift that I have managed to finish thus-far: My younger sister's Christmas gift. It is a wooden wall-decoration.


Project Details:

I got the wood at Michael's, and painted it in 'Navy Blue' by DecoArt Crafter's Acrylic. I got this particular paint at the Dollar Store. The writing is hand-painted in 'White' by DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels, which I believe I got at Michael's some time ago. I then sealed the whole shebang with 'Primer and Clear Sealer' by Triangle Crafts Sophisticated Finishes, which was another Once Upon a Time Michael's purchase. Then, I glued a green piece of ribbon to both the top and the bottom of the wood, 'Spool O' Ribbon' by Offray (No colour name). I got this at Walmart, along with the fake Black Eyed Susans, that I glued on either side. Each of these has a piece of the ribbon tied into a bow just below it, as a little embelleshment. Finally, it has a peice of ribbon glued to the back, to hang the board from. All items are glued onto the board with Aleene's 'Clear Gel Tacky Glue', which I love because it's as strong as Krazy Glue but doesn't glue my fingers together.


Anyway, this is what it looks like:


Your thoughts?

No comments: