Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Garage Sales

I keep picking up items at garage sales, with big plans to fix them up and sell them in my etsy shop. Well, some of them are in process and will be posted as soon as I finish them, but I have fallen in love with several of them and am now keeping them. Perfect examples of this are the half-table that I posted in my blog awhile ago here. I have the table sanded now and just need to prep it for staining before I put the first coat on - but I have come to the conclusion that I want to keep it. Over the years the table has made it into my list of staples, and I really miss it. (Miss using it that is).

Another example is a country-style shelf that I picked up at a garage sale this weekend. It is really small - only about a foot wide, with only two hooks hanging from it - and it has one of those (overdone) heart cut-outs on it. But it is practical. My DB collects statues of dragons, and he also collects knives so I could either put a) Two dragon statues on it (freeing up some room on the bookshelf), or b) 3 knives (two hanging and one on its stand on top). Thoughts?

I prefer having the dragons there because I'm not sure how I feel about knives hanging off my walls - but I think I would be okay with the knives if it is placed about his "dragon bookshelf", in the little corner beside my bookshelf so it can't be bumped.

I guess I will just have to wait and see how much room my DB can free up when he finally organizes the bookshelves.

No comments: