Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gluttony

I have great news - I tried on a whim to upload the picture from the camera again last night, and it worked! Be prepared to be absolutely drowned in pictures. (Okay, to be nice I will try to spread them out some.)

Of course, I am not on the computer that the pictures are on right now, so you will have to wait for One. More. Post. :P

In addition to pictures of the projects I have completed lately, you can expect to see some pictures of my wonderful yarn glutteny-fest I had last night. I had to stop at the mall on the way home from work yesterday, and on a whim I googled LYS' to see if there were any on the way, and there was!

I went to Prairie Lily Knitting & Needlework shop. I loved it! I bought not one, not two, not three, but... (drumroll please) ten skeins of yarn!

I got two 50g skeins of a bright yellow yarn that I think will make an excellent dishcloth (or two!) as well as a dark green, a brown and white varieagated, a beige and white varieagated, and an amazing purple/brown mix dishcloth yarn! (And that's all dishcloth yarn!) I also splurged and bought some gorgeous green ribbon-type yarn to make a beaded scarf with, and a lace-weight light green yarn to make a more feathery scarf with ... and finally I bought two skeins of varieagated blue and white yarn - I am not sure what I am going to do with this, but I it was love at first sight, so I had to get it. I am thinking perhap a beret-type hat with a brim...?

I will show pictures ASAP... although I will warn that I am going to be out of town this weekend, and my DB is also going to be out of town - in a different province, and he will have have camera with him. So... It will just be pictures of completed projects until next week.

In the meantime, here is one more yummy pattern that looks like it would be fun to knit:

This is called the Lace Ribbon Scarf, by Veronik Avery. It is available here. Thank-you Veronik for making such a lovely pattern available! I think this is the pattern that I will use for my green light weight scarf.

1 comment:

crochetgurl said...

Nice pattern. I can't wait for the FO pics. :-)

To answer your question, I guess "poncho" is the wrong word. I tie the two yarn ends (beginning and end) under their chins, so it sorta looks more like a cape around them. One of my chibi Winnie the Pooh bears looks really cute in his swatch. Maybe I'll take a pic and post it up on my blog to show. :-)