Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Give Me Something to Talk About...

So, my boyfriend got to stay an extra day after I was done my long weekend, because SIAST gets an extra-long weekend. Great! He spent the whole day studying, (although I don't think he was up before noon) and agreed to come to the gym with me after work, if only for an hour.

So I happily shoved him out of the apartment when I got home, and marched us out the door. He insisted on driving to the gym, which I agreed with reluctantly as his reasoning was that he wanted to pick up food on the way home. I'm always hesitant to eat out, because eating out means fast food, which means empty calories. But, his reasoning was that he wanted to spend some unencumbered time with me before he left last night, so I agreed.

My work-out went really well, despite the fact that I spent the whole time watching my bf wander around the weights section like a lost puppy. He claims that he can't run, he is built for speed not endurance. Personally I think anyone can be built for endurance if they work at it enough, but I guess that could be because that it what I lean more towards. (Don't ask me to race!)

I was both pleased and disappointed with myself at the end of the work-out. I burnt 747 calories, because I upped the tension on the eliptical again, but as a result I only went 4 (3.99) miles - and this was in 60 minutes! If I had more time I am sure I could have ran the last mile on the treadmill, but it was time to go so I reluctantly quit. This exercising thing is actually becoming addictive! (So much so that it was driving me crazy that I couldnt' get to a gym over the weekend...)

I was also disappointed to find however, that my weight has gone up again to 186 lbs. Is this the result of Easter temptations or bodily fluctuations? I am not sure. But my second measurements are tonight, hopefully I can find at least a total of 1/2 an inch gone...

Also tonight I have decided to finally put my foot down and stop my excuses for not exercising on my days off. The biggest thing that I think I need to do is simple sit-ups and push-ups -- give my arms and abs some work. So off I go after work today to get a yoga mat! I'm also going to see if I can find a decent exercise DVD for the days that I am more motivated, but can't go to the gym (like Sunday). Hopefully this will stop me from telling myself that I can't do it cuz the floor is too hard!'

Finally, your free knitting pattern.

Today, I chose "Knitted Bunnies" by Artsy Fartsy Mamma. It can be found here: http://www.artsy-fartsy-mama.com/index.php?itemid=162

Essentially, it is a knitted square that is stategically sewn into a bunny shape! Sounds easy enough. Here's a pic:

The bunnies in this pic were made by Warm Fuzzies. Great work!

1 comment:

crochetgurl said...

I saw this pic a long time ago too and was amazed the bunny came from a square!

Maybe one of these days I'll get around to making one. My swatches end up becoming little ponchos for my stuffed animals. :-)