Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Ups and Downs

It seems whenever I don't cook my own meals I have a hard time maintaining a proper diet.

My Easter weekend was a classic example of this - thank goodness I don't have a full Easter break like I did in school!

I ate a chocolate Reese egg - that was probably my biggest problem. I also ate a piece of pie after lunch on Sunday. In addition we had greasy foods such as breakfast sausage and ham, as well as scalloped potatoes and pancakes. The last problem I had was candy - it was everywhere. I make a point of keeping candy out of my apartment, because let's face it - if it's there I'll eat it. And this was exactly what I was reminded of when I was there. Cadbury mini eggs, oh how I love and despise you. You taste so good but go straight to my gut -- not a happy marraige.

When I got home I was determined to go to the gym to work off some of the pounds I am sure I gained while visiting - only to find that my gym was closed. (Easter Sunday, who would have guessed?) I played DDR in hopes that I could burn some calories off this way, and managed to make myself a sweaty mess and burn 300 calories, but as with workouts that target only a couple muscles I was left unsatisfied. (Plus I was well below my 500, 5 goal, with 300 calories and 1.3 miles!)

I will go to the gym after work today in hopes that I can make som acceptable progress.

In other news I was able to complete a new dishcloth found here: http://www.joyknits.com/facloth2.html

It was a lot of fun to knit up, and took me only a day! (Pretty good for a novice knitter)

I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

No comments: