Thursday, March 12, 2009

Confessions of a Food-aholic, Day 4

Today was probably the best meal I have had yet - Asian-Style Roast Beef Salad.

It is worth 4 WW points.

As you can see, mine doesn't really look like the one in the book again, but it was really good all the same. I liked all the fresh vegetables, and the deli meat allowed me to get the protein I need without it weighing me down. Here is the recipe:

Asian-Style Roast Beef Salad
Serves 4

Ingredients:

1/2 pound sliced lean deli roast beef, cut into wide strips
2 cups sliced white mushrooms ( about 6 ounces)
1 cup snowpeas, trimmed
1 cup packaged matchstick-cut carrots (I just chopped up some big carrots)
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar (I skipped this ingredient, I had just had a bad experience with vinegar thank you very much)
1 tablespoon pickled ginger, drained and chopped (I skipped this one too, where can you find pickled ginger?)
1 tablespoon Asian (dark) sesame oil

Instructions:

Combine the roast beef, mushrooms, snow peas, carrots, onion, and bell pepper in a serving bowl. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat evenly.

Per serving (1 1/2 cups): 215 Cal, 6g fat, 2g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 39 mg chol, 689 mg sod, 19g carb, 4g fib, 20g prot, 56 mg calc.

----------------


I found that I had two eat two servings of this to be full, but at 215 calories/serving I could totally get away with it. In fact, I am still 1000 calories under my daily max!

No comments: